We are involved in production of edge wise shunts. It is also termed as wall shunt OR Magnetic Shunts. It is mainly used in Large Power Transformers. Yoke shunts are another form of magnetic shunts which are placed parallel to the yoke at top and bottom ends of the windings. These shunts can be effective since the fluxes coming out from the 3 phases can add up to Zero in them. The Yoke shunts provide an excellent means of guiding the leakage field safely back to the core minimizing stray losses in the tank and other structural components. The shunts tend to make the leakage field in the windings axial reducing eddy losses.
Technical details & advantages of Edgewise shunts are as mentioned below.
Technical Details About Tank Shunts / Flux Collectors / Yoke Shunts
- Shields which are commonly used to reduce stray losses in tank are Yoke shunts, magnetic shunt & Cu/Al shield.
- Magnetic shunts are effective in controlling structural stray losses as they offer high permeable path to the leakage flux if judiciously place on transformer tank wall.
- Tank Shunts acts as a shield/flux collector which reflects the leakage flux of transformer winding.
- Correctly positioned magnetic shunts ensure the collection of stray flux preventing unwanted hotspots in clamping structure & tank wall.
- If magnetic shunts are of adequate thickness and are made of CRGO laminations with lower watts/kg characteristics, the losses in them are almost negligible.
Advantages of Edgewise shunt compare to width wise shunt
- There are basically 2 types of magnetic shunts. Widthwise and Edgewise.
- In widthwise shunt silicon steel sheets/strips are parallel to tank wall & transformer winding where as in edgewise shunts it is perpendicular to tank wall & winding.
- An edgewise shunt is better than a widthwise shunt because the flux is incident on the thickness (edge) of laminations resulting in negligible eddy loss in them. In an edgewise shunt the effective permeability of lamination as seen by the incident flux is much higher as compared to the widthwise shunt.
- In edgewise shunt flux dose not encounter any non magnetic gaps once it enters the shunt.
- Uniform distance with tank wall can be maintained in case of edgewise tank shunts.
Specification of Tanks Shunts / Flux Collector / Yoke Shunts
- CRGO and CRNGO material (as per customer's requirement)
- We offer weldable & boltable type of tank shunts.
- Length - 100 mm to 8000 mm, Width - 50 mm to 500 mm, Thickness - 15 mm to 100 mm
- We offer rubber on tank wall side to eliminate noise at higher working voltage. Rubber acts as buffer between tank wall & shunt.
- We offer Tank/ Yoke Shunt with Epoxy Resin to eliminate noise at higher working voltage.
- We offer Tank/Yoke Shunt with HOR White Paint OR Blue Lacquer as per customer Requirement.